Monday, June 20, 2016

Peaks and Valleys

Today is the second to last day of school, and I am having my students work on reflections about their experiences in music class this year.  Here are some of the reflections.  I think they would rather be playing musical chairs, but I really would like to know what was hard for them, and what was fun and what was exciting and what was not so great about their musical journey in fifth grade.  We talked about peaks and valleys for them, and this is what they came up with so far...

Peaks: A peak for me in music class was learning to play piano because playing piano helped me with playing the violin at home at at school for lessons. Another peak was learning to read the bass clef because I have always wondered how bass and treble clef were different. During music I also enjoyed the drawing for Mussorgsky. I enjoyed this becuase I like to draw, and I liked how I could take the format of the picture, and make some parts my own.

Valleys: One valley during music was writing a piece on the piano because when I would write music on paper, some of it didn’t sound good on the piano, so I would edit it. The editing was more towards a peak I think, though. Another valley was the Aaron Copland essay because when I first started writing it, I didn’t know what to do. After some help though, I got it.


Reflection on music class

During music class, I learned about some composers and who they were. Aaron Copland was a very famous composer. The helped other musicians get better and eventually they become great composers. We also learned about Modest Mussorgsky. He had become inspired by pictures of his friends who had passed away. We also learned how to play the piano. It was fun to play. I wish I had my own piano at my house. Then I could enjoy practicing it all summer long! I loved doing music and I can’t wait to have music again next year.

Peaks and valleys
Music 2015-2016

Peaks; Some of the the peaks for me was the piano lab.Because it was a really great experience because I got to write my own song and perform it for Miss.Frank I also really liked studying notes but my favorite part was studying Mussorgsky.


Valleys; I did not have a lot of valleys this year. But one was writing a essay on Aaron Copland I don’t really like writing so that made it really hard. And learning C position.

This year my favorite part was when I drew pictures of chicken people.  The most difficult was probably the essay on Aaron Copland that was the hardest because we had to write a lot and read to find out information on Aaron Copland.  Learning the piano was fun even though it was hard. Over all this was a great year with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment