Monday, June 6, 2016

Another Exemplar for Aaron Copland's essay on Success and the roles and requirements of being a musician

Aaron Copland
    Aaron Copland was a great composer who was born in 1900 and spanned most of the twentieth century.  He created music that reflected our land and history.
    Aaron Copland was named the leader of classical music for over 50 years.  This was because he helped young musicians and, helped them get along. But this does not just happen, Aaron worked very hard and did not give up. He also was the first to get accepted at a music school called Fontainebleau. He met many amazing composers and even got a scholarship! But he still worked very hard because it is a very good school.
   Copland  had two really good breaks, one of them was meeting Nadia Boulanger, this was very special for Aaron, in fact he said it was the most important thing in his life.  The second big break was when Serge Koussevinsky, a very well known conductor gave the second performance of the work. But that's not the best part! The best part is that Serge continued to support Aaron by premiering a lot of Aaron Copland's compositions for the next few decades, talk about big breaks!
   Aaron Copland unfortunately died December 2nd, 1990 because of respiratory insufficiency. This is a condition which the lungs can not take in sufficient oxygen or expel sufficient carbon dioxide to meet the needs of the cells of the body. Let's end on a happy note.
     Aaron Copland was a very successful musician who lived his dreams and his story has made me think about my own experience as a musician.   I love writing songs and performing them. When I was little I would make little plays.  I would  make a costume and strum my guitar and just have a good time. Now it's a little harder at middle school, partly because peer pressure changes things.  Also, writing original songs is very difficult. I have a hard time coming up with the melodies but it’s all worth it in the end because I have a beautiful song that makes lots of people happy or maybe even cry. When I'm performing nothing else is on my mind all my struggles and problems just float away. I feel.. free and myself.
    When I’m older I  am definitely going to University of North Texas College of Music. That is my dream anyway, and I will strive for it. But I couldn't do that without  my friends. They stay by my side no matter how insecure I feel or how lonely I feel.  No matter what they stick with me  and that is why they are my friends. From Aaron Copland, and from my experience, I hope you know also to follow your dreams.   Nothing is impossible.    

No comments:

Post a Comment