Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Piano Reflection by Olivia Coite

Piano Reflection
By. Olivia Coite

In the past few weeks, I have learned many different things on the piano. One of these things is how to read the notes on the staff. One of the ways I read notes on the staff is remembering “Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge” and “FACE”. Another way I can read the notes on a staff is by remembering that the notes are in alphabetical order. The notes are A, B, C, D, E, F, and G. Lastly, I can remember the notes on a staff by counting the line or space that they are on and remembering the note that is on the line or space. To go into further detail, if I noticed that a note is on the second line on the treble staff, I can remember that it is G. To conclude, I can read the notes on a staff by using “Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge” and “FACE”, by remembering the notes are in alphabetical order, A, B, C, D, E, F, and G, and also, I count the line or space that the note is on.

While doing the piano unit, I also learned how to know which keys are which note. One way I did this is by finding “Middle C” on the piano. After I found Middle C, I could just put the rest of my hand on the piano. Secondly, I knew how to figure out which keys were which note by remembering that the bass notes started two keys away from Middle C. Lastly, I knew how to figure out which notes were which keys by finding Middle C, and then counting up. For example, I would find Middle C, and count up, “C, D, E, F, G.” or, “C, B, A, G, F, E, D.” As you can see, I learned how to figure out which keys were which notes by finding Middle C, remembering that the bass notes were two keys away from Middle C, and also that counting the notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment