Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Importance of music in Life

"I can appreciate being well-rounded and including music in my life" ORDescribe the benefit of participation in the arts on a healthy lifestyle including the use of leisure time.  



Time flies when you are having a great time, and teaching music is a great time.  I have had a particularly inspired year, filled with talented students, enthusiastic participants in all of my classes, and no behavior issues at all.  I have been blessed with students who understand the importance of music in their everyday lives, and I would like to share some of their reflections on this topic.

"Music is important in life.  It can calm me down and it entertains me.  It is also inspiring sometimes."

"There is music that brings you together, like Country in my family."

"Copland had so much perseverance he did not give up EVER!  When Copland was not very famous he had to try hard and I'm guessing he had to practice a lot too.  What I'm trying to say is Copland never gave up and neither should you!"



"Without music the world would be bland, no cheerful chirping birds, no happy songs or songs in general, no dancing!  Anyone can be a musician because everyone is musical."

"After reading this article, I found out the importance of music, the importance of music is to practice, practice, practice.  Music is important because it is entertainment, and it helps you to strive to persevere and to be connected to your own soul all the time."

"Music is fun because it is a challenge and you can play any instrument or you can sing.  music calms me down and I get excited if I get something right.  For example, Ms. Frank helped me and showed me the fingerings.  I was super happy when I played the first song.  Music relaxes me.  I love music. "

"Even though he had great talent, half of Aaron Copland's fame was probably just pure luck.  Tons of people have the talent to be famous, but they need to be discovered first!"

"Music and life are connected because music can make people feel happy, sad, powerful, excited, and angry.  Music and life are connected because music can inspire people to do things or make changes or do something to help the world.  Music and life are connected because people's music can inspire other people to write music, (or create art).  Many people in our world are famous because of music, and music has changed people's lives.  That's how I think music and life are connected." 

"Music is like life.  If someone says they don't like your music, just ignore them.  Just like if someone trash talks you just ignore them.  In life you need perseverance to survive, in music you need perseverance to keep writing music!"

"In life music is very important.  You can express your feelings into music.  You need lots of qualities in life that you need in music, like courage, respect, responsibility, perseverance, etc.
Music can relate to your life too.  If you are sad, then you can make deep, quiet music.  If you are happy then you can make a loud/high song.  

If you want to be a speech person or teacher you have to not be quiet.  You have to be loud and confident!  Music can teach you how to be confident.  By you getting on stage and singing or just making music.  The point is, usic can teach you very important skills and life lessons! 

I can't believe these students are only in the fifth grade!  The way they connect music and life is astonishing and powerful.  I look forward to working with them next year too!







1 comment:

  1. Learning is music and song to my heart and mind. Here's to learning:

    IT’S A JUNGLE OUT THERE!
    “Or Everything I Needed to Learn About PBL I Learned at School”

    It was once a jungle out there,
    Don’t get me wrong.
    Yes, there were surprises in every lesson, mysteries with each class.
    Habitual practice helped you survive, though never allowed you to thrive.
    There were golden rules to the game, yet never played the same.

    It’s a new jungle out there,
    Where one can right a wrong.
    There are changing inviting challenges, each new day bringing novel surprises.
    For the artistic and scientific, the curious and shy, the creative and pragmatic.
    All can learn to celebrate the game, and more importantly —- each will have a name.

    It’s a jungle out there,
    One that’s growing strong.
    It’s a jungle that if you look closely —- it teems in diversity:
    Embracing best teaching practices to attend the needs of the diverse learner.
    Adopting valued, universal standards that unify the direction of our school community.

    It’s a jungle out there,
    Where I have found my song.
    It’s the jungle where I want to be.

    ReplyDelete