Saturday, September 15, 2018

Some things just DON'T Change...

Here we are at the beginning of another new year, happy September, one more time.  Here we are with the schedule absolutely no different from last year too.  Here we are with Enrichment classes, and they promised us we would have correct lists of all of our students, the very first day.  Well, now we are on the second week of school, and I still have students who don't know where they are supposed to be, where they are supposed to go, and have missed my first classes, and missed the first lesson of how you are supposed to be writing this poem in the spirit of Billy Collin's poem "On Turning Ten".  I even had students appear to be in my class twenty minutes late the second week of school and students who came one week and never came again.  I also have students who came one day and and other students who are in all three of my Creative Drama classes weekly.

We were also told that our students would be the same, all three days.  This is SO not true.  Some things just don't change, that is all I have to say this week, and it is on us to let go of our expectations of how we think they SHOULD be, and just go with the flow.  So- some things don't change and I will




                                       GO WITH THE FLOW FOREVER, AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment