Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Storytelling activity

I have yet another activity for my drama class, but I really think it would be great for language arts class as well.  Here is how to play..

Put your students into groups of three to five people.  Each student in the group tells an original story.  Very important point here:  Make sure they tell a true story, not a made up story.  Have the students in the groups choose one of these stories, and each learn how to tell it.  Then, bring the groups back after they have practiced together, into the larger group.  At this point, each group goes up in front of the class, and they each tell their story.  They tell the same story, but they tell it their own way. 

The audience then tries to figure out whose version of the story is the original story.  Whose story was it?  Who is the owner of the narrative?  I love this idea, and I am going to play it again with my group, because I don't think they really understood the depths to which they could actually take it. 

Have fun, and talk to you all soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment