Friday, March 16, 2018

Welcome to the world of Middle School Musicals

This year is no different from any other year.  The incredible energy that is needed for this show is coming from me, not them.  I know it will all be fine when it is all done, but today I am worried, and I wake up in the middle of the night with the songs in my head, and try to teach the lyrics to the kids through osmosis.  So- the energy that I need is also lacking, because I am not sleeping, worried about all this STUFF!! That being said, I know that it will all be fine, because it always is every year. 

Every year for the past few years, for whatever reason, a student has had to drop out of the musical for one reason or another.  We end up replacing that person, often a main part, and it is often at the last minute.  This year is no exception, but the replacement is one of my all time favorite actors in the eighth grade who decided not to accept the part he was given originally, but now is thrilled to be solving a problem, thrilled to be swooping in and dealing with a crisis.  All the other cast members who know him just feel better that he is back and with us.  So- to all who may be reading this, practice your lines, your lyrics, your choreography, and let's have a great series of wonderful rehearsals and sail into tech week with all on fire and ready for prime time!!

Enjoy your Friday, and talk to you next week.  Yours always, Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment