Monday, November 6, 2017

The Magic Part of Life

This opera story really shows an understanding of the idea of conflict, rising action, climax and resolution.  Thank you Summer!

The Magic Part of Life
It was Alice’s last day of school. It was probably the worst one yet. Her parents got divorced the week before. Her house was a train wreak. With 2 older brothers, it was hard to control the house. Alice’s mom had a hard time getting food on the table for 3 kids. It was time for her to get a new husband. She was talking to Alice when she brought it up.
She said that her working was hard enough, but with 3 kids, she’s in trouble. It was up to Alice and her brothers to find her mom the perfect husband.
She went and told her brothers the news. They were happy for their mom, but it was going to be hard to find the perfect match. They put their mother on as many dating sites as they could. In the next 20 minutes, they had at least 10 people from each site asking if she wanted to go on a date. They started cheering.
They made appointments to fool their mom it was to see a doctor she liked. She believed it and they wheeled her to the taxi.
When they got there, there was a handsome grown man with big muscles you could see through his shirt. He looked nice and caring. He had a big smile with clean, white teeth. He brought flowers and chocolate. We kissed mom goodbye and headed into the taxi.
When we got home, we all high fived each other. The boys were so excited.
We were in bed by 8:30. I couldn’t fall asleep. I was up when mom got home. She came to check on me and I pretended to sleep. I was sleeping by 11:30.
In the morning, we asked my mom how it went. She said it wasn’t as she expected. She also said he was flirting with her, a lot. But she liked him a lot, too. I could tell. I mean, I’m her daughter. We told her that if she wanted to try to find a better doctor. She said sure.
We went into my room and ran to the computer. We looked and saw that 25 other guys wanted to date her. They all were excited. They saw so many other guys that lived in like 15 other countries. We said no to all of them. Then, Bradley pointed to a guy. We were all happy with his choice.
We texted back saying that our mom wanted to go on a date with him.
He said great. What day.
We told him next week on Tuesday.
He replied ok sounds good.
Mom called up to us saying if you want dessert come now.
Downstairs we ate as fast as a cheetah could run. After we were done eating, we told mom we found an awesome doctor.
She said great. When can I meet him?
Next week on Tuesday. We replied.
Ok!

On Monday, we went shopping!! I got a couple of shirts and jeans. My mom got this fancy dress. I asked her why she got it. She just told me she was going on a date after we got back. I didn’t know what to say. She’s going on an actual date! I couldn’t wait to tell my brothers, but then I noticed that she will fall in love with all those guys.
After we got home, I went and told my brothers that we had to cancel the other dates. They agreed. We cancel all the other dates. We just need our mom to be happy.

She got back at like 11ish. I stayed up all night until she got home. I was exhausted the next morning. I got up early too. I asked how it went. She said it was the best time she’d ever had. I felt good for her.
My brothers woke up and mom made us eggs and bacon. Then she asked us when her appointment was. We forgot to tell her! My brothers looked at me wide eyed. I have to tell her. You appointment got canceled mom, I said. Ok good cause I’ve got another date today. Al is taking me out to dinner.
I was so glad we canceled the dates. I think my brothers were too. I was talking to them in my room and Bradley told me that he didn’t want a new dad. He was upset. I thought they would be happy. Todd said the same thing. I told them why they got divorced and they were devastated. My parents didn’t get divorced, my dad died. It was a hard to tell them.
I left my room afterwards. I went down to mom and told her to have fun on her date. I also asked her if I can go to the neighbors house. Meredith hasn’t been to our house in awhile. I think she was at camp for the last couple of weeks. I hope she’s back. I really need to talk to her.
I run over to her house as fast as I could run and rung the doorbell. Please be there, please be there, I was thinking to myself. The door opened with Meredith’s mom right in front of me. She was talking to me for a long time. I finally said is Meredith home? Meredith’s mom said she’s in her room. I run up the stairs, into Meredith’s room with her sitting in her nice and comfy chair, reading a book. I told her about what has happened. How my mom decided to start dating again. And how I told my brothers about my parents.
The good part about neighbors is that they keep secrets.




A couple months later…
My mom and this Al guy has been dating for 12 months, A WHOLE YEAR! I’m glad that they have, but my family is different. My brothers aren’t as loud as they used to and my mom is so calm. When we met Al, he was a nice dude. Then when he started becoming family, we hated him. He was screaming at us all the time. When we do something bad, I probably don’t want to tell you… We all want him out. This month has been the worst month ever. Al asked my mom to marry her! That’s crazy. I really don’t want him in our house. The marriage is in six months. This is so not fair! We don’t even have a say. I have to go wedding dress shopping now. I’m excited to go there, but not for the marriage. I want my mom to marry someone different. We tried now all we can do is try to be happy, for mom.



At the wedding…

We look everywhere and see people and more people. I am starting to like Al just a little bit. But I will never call him dad. That’s the thing. When people get married, the kid can choose what they say about the second mom or dad, They could say there name or say mom or dad. The ceremony is going on right now and I’m the flower girl. I can’t even walk I’m so tired. My mom took me out last night and we didn’t get back till midnight. When I get to my spot next to where my mom will stand, I can’t watch. I need to tell her. When she gets to her spot, i tell her. I go up to her ear and say, Please don’t marry him. He’s so mean to us. He curses at us. Please I say Please. Mom turns to look at us and when they say I do, she says I don’t. And stands up for us she says no and that means go away and don’t talk to my kid like that ever again. That was my real mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment