Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Goodbye to sixth grade Hello to fifth grade

This is always a bittersweet time for me.  I have been teaching the 6th graders for over a year, ever since last winter at this time.  At that time, they were only lowly fifth graders, the youngest students in this school.  They have grown dramatically and exponentially over the last year.  They have learned to play the piano with two hands.  They have written amazing and detailed and fascinating opera plots.  They have composed songs with both hands, and played them.  They have composed many rhythm pieces and performed many of them for the class.

Some of them have had me for three periods a day, because of tlt and enrichment classes as well as music class.  So some of them have learned many drama activities and many poems.  Some of them have practiced some plays or scenes as well with me.  I have been trying very hard to teach them so many things, but even if I were not trying that hard, they would be absorbing things without my help.  They are amazing students and I have been fortunate to have them in my class.  I will miss them, and I will miss their great minds.  I hope they visit me, and I hope that they continue to thrive for the rest of the year and BEYOND!  I APPRECIATE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE WORKED WITH ALL OF THESE STUDENTS FOR THE LAST YEAR!  COME BACK AND VISIT SOMETIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment