Thursday, January 12, 2017

Finding an old friend/colleague

Happy New Year everyone!  I was thinking about my former life in Boston, Massachusetts, and I remembered a time when I was not working full time, and my children were only 9, 7, 5, and 2 1/2.  I was trying to sing as much as I could, but it wasn't always easy to get out of the house to do that.  My children went to a wonderful private school at the time, the Park School in Brookline, Massachusetts, and I had met one of the other mothers of children there, who is a jazz pianist.  She had studied at Berklee College of Music and is an incredibly talented and wonderful musician.  Her name is Cathryn, and together we collaborated on a jazz recital to benefit the school and their scholarship program.


I had not thought about her for some time, although I had written her a letter many years back which was returned, so I had given up ever finding her again.  But I just decided to check on Facebook of all places to see if she might turn up there.  Well, there she was, playing her jazz piano, making cds and playing with another person.  I sent her a message on her page, and she sent me a message back!! I was totally amazed!  It has been twenty-five years since I have talked to her, but she remembered me well, and she said it was because of that recital that we did that she began playing all the time again and she hasn't stopped since!  I can't wait to find out more, and I will keep you posted!  What a delightful surprise for the new year, I will leave her interesting music and her projects with children that she has been working on since last I knew her! Enjoy!

Sound Art

Spodify

Youtube Cold Dark Matters

No comments:

Post a Comment