Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Creative Drama Games

Occasionally, I write about my creative drama class.  It has been too long since I wrote about them, so I shall devote this entry to the wonderful stories that have occurred recently during creative drama class.  We have been playing many drama games that I received free from the Beat By Beat Press and David Farmer's website.



One of the games we played is called "On the Spot".  It is a creativity game, and it is all about thinking on your feet and moving quickly.  For example, I choose a topic or a theme, such as sports, and each student takes a turn moving to represent something that goes to that topic.  They also use an expression or make a sound to go with it.  I did this game with fifth graders, and they were very excited to try it.  Some students are shy, and tentative about their movements, but others throw themselves into the movement and enjoy the creative time.

 Either way, they get out of their comfort zone, and it is a great way to think about creating a tableau, a great way to think about categories and work within them, and a wonderful way to get kids moving and thinking all at once.


No comments:

Post a Comment