Thursday, January 14, 2016

Last Week Reflections on Music Class for two years..

This is my last week with sixth graders, and it is bittersweet.  I have grown very attached to these children and they have grown, every last one of them, immensely throughout the two years.  They have grown physically, emotionally, intellectually, and I have been part of this process.  I am grateful to have the opportunity to work with such wonderful children, and I want to share some of their reflections about their experiences the last two years!

In music class over the past couple years I have had lots of fun. I enjoyed singing and doing the fun motions with some songs. I wish i could do it next year. One of my favorite things was on literacy day, when we sang the banana boat song, and we had to make a dance to go with it. I listened to that song a lot as a kid, so it was very familiar. In this class I learned many things, from how to conduct 3/4 time, to playing the piano. At my house I got a keyboard for Christmas, so now I can play songs and practice at home. I also learned how to determine what a song means. I sang and danced to many fun and enthusiastic songs in music class, and I can’t wait until I can play the piano or keyboard as well as I can play the saxophone. Music class has helped me play the saxophone better too. I wish I could do this next year.

In music we sang many songs, danced, and played. I did and still do not like singing that much but Mrs Frank makes it fun for me. Mrs. frank is a very nice woman that cares about every single one of us and I look forward to her classes every day. I'm sure everybody is going to miss her because we will not see her in the next couple years. Mrs. Frank has always been there for me when I need her the most. But next year you will have my sister.. So I wish you luck, and I thank you for an Awesome 1 ½ years of fun.

Music has been very fun this year. I love how we have fun and get a lot of work done. I love the projects we do because they can be very creative, like the story me and drew made. I had a lot of friends in the class and Mrs.Frank has been the best teacher. Mrs.Frank is always patient with our class even though we don’t always stay on task. I liked playing the piano. The days i had music went by really fast. Mrs. Frank taught me a lot about music, the piano and how to get ahead of people on a task. Mrs.Frank always listen to things I said to her. I would go to her room at the end of the day and we would talk about school and how to deal with some of my problems.

In the past two years we have done a lot in Mrs. Frank’s general music class.
For example, we learned how to play piano. We wrote operas with a partner or on your own. We also wrote songs for our operas and played them in front of the whole class. Many times we sung songs from the purple music books, sometimes we would even dance to the songs. We wrote songs on the piano and played them for Mrs. Frank. We wrote letters to people that we don’t talk to a lot, or if we had gotten in a fight with them. We re-wrote the song “Greensleeves” and changed it to a modern break-up song. We listen to songs from the “Magic Flute” and we talked about it. I had a lot of fun in Mrs. Frank’s music class.

I hope you enjoyed these reflections, I sure did! Have a great week, and keep looking back on my blog for new thoughts and reflections later this week or next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment