Tuesday, November 17, 2015

I AM Poems

This week in Creative Drama class with a new group we created I Am poems.  I have explained to the kids that if you want to create a character, you need to know yourself really well.  I gave them my "I Am" poem as an example, and then we created an I Am poem for Batman, and then they created poems for themselves.  Here are the examples I would like to share with you..

I Am

I am a grandmother
I am a mother
I am a runner
I am a knitter
I am a classical singer
I am a piano player
I am a teacher
I am a sensitive person
I am thoughtful, wise, kind
I am a girlfriend
I am a daughter
I am a sister
I am a mother-in-law
I am a motherless woman
I am a stylish dresser
I am a lover of bright colors
I am bilingual
I am a hard worker
I am a thinker
I am a believer
I am a facilitator of music
I am helpless sometimes to change the world.
I am someone you can count on
I am flexible
I am a graduate of Smith College
I am a graduate of Northwestern University
I am a passionate reader
I am a choral singer
I am a soloist
I am an opera lover
I am a moviegoer
I am an aunt
I am a cousin
I am someone who does at least one thing
I am fair
I am an art appreciator
I am lover of naps
I am a pop music lover
I am a concert-goer
I am a friend
I am a confidante
I Am Susan Storey Frank
After I read this one out loud, we collaborated on this one about our favorite superhero, BATMAN!


I Am Batman
I am a stealthman
I am a man who calls himself “Batman”
I am Bruce Wayne.
I am an orphan.
I am depressed.
I am a man who eats villains for breakfast.
I am a member of the justice league.
I am a skilled fighter.
I am a superhero.
I am usually a loner.
I am a joker-hater.
I am strong.
I am a Bane Breaker.
I am mysterious.
I am courageous.
I am usually standing on top of Joker.
I am Batman.
I am Joker’s nemesis.
I am the boss of Robin.
I am kind.
I am good to my butler, most of the time.
I am a billionaire.
I am generous.
I am fighting for the good guys.

Here are now a few examples of the other ones that were created, after we worked on one together.


I Am Daniel

I am Daniel
I am a baseball lover
I am a homerun hitter
I am a good, smart, and talented person
I am a person who tries to help others
I am a worry freak
I am a dog and baby lover
I am a person who can’t believe how people can be so evil
I am a person who loves his family
I am a person who believes in God
I am a person who has had his feeling hurt and has been bullied
I am a person whose skin you don’t want to get under
I am a person whose nicknames are Dan and Danny
I am a person who almost always has a smile on his face
I am nice and kind to others
I am goofy
I am a baseball statistician
I am a big brother
I am a procrastinator
I am a food fanatic
I am a person who doesn’t like chores
I am a person who needs more sleep
I am a Minecraft lover
I am a person whose room is all sports
I am a person who has over seven binders of baseball cards
I am a person who couldn’t live without baseball
I am a HUGE Red Sox fan
I am a first baseman and catcher in baseball
I am a person who likes to swim in his pool
I am a lego lover
I am a Ted Williams fan
I am a person who has friends he can help out
I am a person who has been looking for a Little League title for 4 years
I am a baseball player who wants to make the best plays on the diamond
I am a baseball lover
I am Daniel Cammarota
 

I am
I am awesome
I am a gamer
I am a cat lover and dog lover
I am a nice guy (unless you get on my bad side
I am a kid with bad spelling
I am a goof ball
I am almost always happy
I am a helper
I am a movie watcher
I am a kid who likes to play games
I am a kid with curvy hand writing
I am a good drawer
I am always hugging my cat Indie
I am taking karate lessons.
I am a blue belt with a green stripe
I am smart
I am a swimmer
I am hungry
I can flip someone over with a hip roll
I am always thinking about others
I am a good friend.

I AM

I am a wrestler
I am an athlete
I am strong
I am a Patriots hater
I am a Broncos fan
I am flexible
I am quick on my feet
I am a fisherman
I am most like Colossus as a superhero
I am fast
I am mostly nice
I am a supporter of the U.S military
I am not a supporter of war
I am sometimes a gamer
I am a minecraft fan
I am humorous
I am a baseball fan
I am a supporter of Under Armour
I am a fan of TV
I am mostly German
I am quiet but yet, I’m loud
I am tall
I am not neat
I am sometimes responsible
I am big
I am friendly
I am a Yankees supporter
I have re2pect (Derek Jeter)
I am active
I am a middle schooler
I am a baseball player
I am a Mainer
I am a golfer
I am a musician
I am a God believer
I am a traveler

I am an eater

Have I told you lately how much I love my job!!!??? Have a great week!! Happy Thanksgiving!! More next week before the actual turkey day! Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment