Friday, November 6, 2020

My Peaceful Place

 My Peaceful Place


From the mountains above, melted snow flows down the streams and creaks

Maine is an awesome state and is always what i seek 

Many are born in state that the Appalachian Trail winds through

I feel lucky enough to be from one of those states too

My home is with my dad on our 80-acre farm in York

Where me, my Gramps, and Dad raise chickens, beef, and port


Chorus:

Down on the farm i pass all my sunshine hours

Running wild through the many flowers

In my childhood happy home down on the farm


Rock, Folk, Country, and Hip Hop artists come from the Trail states

So full of talent playing at many venues and on different dates

Many award winners are from the least likely places

Here in Maine we are lucky enough to see their familiar faces

I put on my head phones to listen to their music

While i think about school and all the teachers rubrics


Chorus


States along the Appalachian Trail have produced so many stars

While working on our farm I find myself singing a few bars

Anything that takes away our peace is to expensive

A little thought i had while mending the broken fences

This is why i love it here, a place i dont have to worry

Where life is slow and i dont have to hurry


Chorus


Nothing like the smell of fresh cut grass while Gramps hays the fields

Listen to the chicken’s cluck, the cows moo, and the pigs squeal

This is the only home i have ever known 

My safe place and where i belong

I wonder how this became my fate a place i love so dearly

Im proud of my farm and love my family

I will forever carry on this farms legacy

While knowing this is where i need to think clearly


Chorus


I sit on the front porch staring out at the whild life and deer

Listening to music to easy my mind and my fears

I know how lucky i am to have been given this life

Maybe someday ill get to share it with my Dad, children, and wife

But not now, i am too young

While the hikers on the trail are putting on their gear tackling the trail

Ill be on the farm putting grain in the pails

If you hike to maine and would like to greet me 

Our farm on Libby Lane is where ill be 

A little piece of heaven i hold dear to me


Chorus


Chorus


No comments:

Post a Comment