Friday, October 2, 2020

A NEW AUTUMN, A NEW SCHOOL

 It is still York Middle School but we have a hybrid schedule and a whole new curriculum for music and a whole new way of living at school and managing with so many complicated rules because of the pandemic. 

Today I gave an assignment to write a poem while they listened to "My Favorite Things" by John Coltrane, and these are a few poems that I read.  They were very sensitive and thoughtful. 


My Life

Misty...

Dark...

Raining...

That's how to describe tonight

It isn't a happy day

But I like to think somewhat positive as of least there is something good every day.

I start to feel..somewhat mixed on the subway home

What am I hearing? 

It's so...just..so...How to describe it? So...ominous..so breathtakingly smooth.

Like polished dark, inky black metal. That also relates

to my ...life. 


Jazz

oncor

harp

nap

cat

octopise

lizard

train

rain

ant

nap

eat


Pineapples

PIneapple, Pineapple

so bright and spiny

filled with citrus so sweet to eat

Pineapple, pineapple

So Light and tight

with juice so sweet to eat

it tastes like candy. 


Poem about Black Lives Matter

There's screaming in the town block

My brothers arrested by a cop

I'm screaming please, please stop

Color doesn't matter I tell the cop

I'm begging you please stop

I hope for a world where there's room for you and me

Until then can't you see

There is room for you and me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment