Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Diversity Statement # 1

Diversity Statement
It is my solemn vow that I will make my classroom a safe environment for all who enter into it.  There will be mutual respect for all, no matter what your orientation is, religious, sexual, or otherwise.  No matter what race, creed, color or gender you are, you will have an equal voice in this classroom.  Your thoughts have meaning to all the teachers and students who enter this room, and you will be heard today and forever into the future.  Each student shall be treated with humble and thoughtful consideration, and will be known as an individual with total respect for their personal learning needs.  I shall be your co-pilot, but you shall be my co-pilot as well, helping me to teach you better as time passes.  This statement will be re-visited as the world continues to bring challenges to all students, teachers, parents and families.  Susan Frank, music teacher, 5/6

No comments:

Post a Comment