Thursday, September 5, 2019

New School Year- New Goals

This year I will be working on my Implicit Bias!  We have several meetings with a group called "Mindbridge" which deals with Implicit Bias and helps groups study where they have bias that they don't even realize.  I am excited about the work, and excited to see where I fall short of the mark.      Am I biased?  We all want to say absolutely not, each child is our very own special snowflake, but students who are labeled "gifted" I sometimes rely on too much, those labeled with IEPs we let things slide more, those who are of different ethnic origins, we either go over backwards to be understanding with, or we push harder because of how we were brought up.  There is bias against older people, bias against thin or fat people, bias against extroverts and introverts..you name it, we can find it.  I am very thrilled to have the time being pegged and set aside for us to work, and I will keep you posted on this blog whenever something new comes up!

 I am also very excited about a Choral Workshop I will be attending in a week and a half on Star Island in New Hampshire beyond the Isles of Shoals.  I can hardly wait, keep you posted on that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment