Sunday, February 25, 2018

Vacation Reflection

I never expected to have such a wonderful vacation.  I expected to relax and read and knit and reflect on what is good and right and learned.  I did not expect to have such an amazing time with people I reconnected with after a long time..

Let me first share my time at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston.  I found out you can get in free if your name is Isabella!  I had a lovely time with my old friend from college at the museum.  I was sad to see how many paintings have been stolen from there, they just leave the frames there, without the paintings in them.  It makes me so sad to think that no one will ever see those paintings again.  We had a great lunch at the new restaurant in the museum, and we talked and talked and talked..I hope you all have friends that are that good to you, and listen to you so well and love you as much as my friends love me!

The next day I met a friend for lunch and wandering around another museum in Boston, the Museum of Fine Arts.  We saw a photography exhibit about families..there are so many different kinds now, it was divine!  We saw the Murakami exhibit, and we also saw the Escher exhibit which was my favorite.  How he managed to do those incredible pictures with all the animals coming and going, all the birds coming and going, was just amazing.  I loved the hands drawing themselves also, and the waterfall that comes up the castle and then comes down again..wow..

The next morning I had coffee at The Thinking Cup, my favorite coffee shop in Boston.  I met one of my students from some years ago, who now attends Emerson college.  What a talented and mature young man he is now..and what a delight to spend some quality time measuring our lives in coffee spoons together.  That afternoon I saw my mentor who I had not spent time with since the 1990's.  What a joy that was!

So- I didn't travel far, but I spent many hours of joy and delight traveling through the minds of so many of my favorite people, and learning about some new art.  I am refreshed and ready to work again, until the next time we break.  I hope you all had a restorative and joyful time as well and I look forward to hearing all about your travels and your new learning in different places, times and all.  Take care and talk to you all soon!

                                                           Murakami!

No comments:

Post a Comment