Friday, September 1, 2017

I took the summer off from my blog, and I read, and taught classes at the recreation department, and I spent several days at the beach, hiking, on an island, and enjoying the time off to regroup, revitalize, re-evaluate, and re-visualize my world.  It was a great time, and it is always a little bittersweet to begin the intensity of the schedule again.  I am excited always, though, about the new school year, and I have students I have had all last spring so I know them, and already have a relationship with all of them from the spring before.  It helps to hit the ground running, because I already know them all so well.

This year our school is thinking about three very important ideas:  Formative assessment, feedback, and differentiation.  In the next few posts, I will be blogging about these three subjects, as a way to think about my teaching at the beginning of this year.  At the end of the school year I will then blog again about these three subjects, and see how my thoughts have metamorphisized. (maybe not a word, but you know what I mean.)  I look forward to this exercise and to sharing my thoughts with the reader, which may only be me, but will be helpful in moving my teaching to a more advanced level.

I am excited about the new year, and this is all I want to say for today, but will write again after the year begins to see where we are.  Happy Fall everyone, and happy Labor Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment