Monday, November 14, 2016

Short Blog on what is going on lately..

I have not written in a while because I have had to handle some situations which have made it impossible to keep up with everything here.  I am back and strong, however, and will be finding some wonderful topics to discuss very soon.  This past week was the first week of putting out grades on our new Powerteacher program.  It was complicated, because we are trying to tailor it to our needs, to our use of proficiency based learning, and grading, and it was not originally built for this purpose.  I believe it has potential, and I appreciate being able to write comments on every project or habit of work and learning that my students are working on, but I am also wishing that it would show what it is we are trying to show, and it would calculate only what we need to have it calculate.  Let us hope that quarter two is better for this and that we are in good shape to work with students on making their standards work for them and for us in Quarter 2!! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment