Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Poems from Creative Drama Class

                                           
The bicycle kick
                    A perfect day, a perfect game
Almost immediately it had action
And almost immediately I had my chance
A chance that let down my team
Instead of helping our goalie
I scored on him
The worst part is we were winning
Now I’m winging
It
Tied 1-1 in the second half
No one wants to be there
Running and sprinting
Walking and jogging
Save some energy for a chance
A chance that could turn this day around
The ball went out
We got a corner kick
Number 90 took the kick
Right to me
Number 17
I spun around and jumped
I performed a bicycle kick
In mid-air
It seemed that up was down
And left was right
But when you shoot
Everything is straight
SWOOSH


It was just so sudden,
but I knew that it was true,
Don’t expect me on weekdays,
don’t expect me in school.

If I could have told you sooner,
I’d have definitely would,
But I have just learned it myself,
and the only hint is a cloud of soot.

When I get back all I’ll do,
is take from the place where I grew,
And move it to a place that’s new,
and leave nothing behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment